Please upgrade your browser.
Big Brush Painting workshop
- $75.00 - Member
- $90.00 - Non-Member
Paint large! Experience the fun, freedom and spontaneity of using large brushes available at hardware stores to create landscape and seascape paintings. Using big brushes and water mixable oil paints, full-time Sandwich-based artist Joe Gallant will demonstrate and guide you through the steps of creating your own large seascape that just might become a focal point in your home or office!
You will complete your own oil painting during this fun four-hour workshop. Suitable for beginners, intermediate painters, and past participants in Joe’s workshops.
Joe has conducted workshops for many years and you will enjoy his fun and casual approach. If you have ever felt unsure of yourself when you start a painting, here’s your chance to learn an exciting technique that just might change the way you paint forever!
This workshop meets in the Owl Hall on the main level of the Education Wing.
- WATER MIXABLE oil paints (Winsor & Newton “Artisan” brand, 37 ml or larger)—One tube each of red, blue, yellow, green and white. Select any shade of each. Available at Michael’s, AC Moore, Amazon, and online art supply websites. Acrylic paints may be substituted but the results will look different.
- One canvas 48×24” or 40×16” preferred. Joe will be using the larger size. Falmouth Art Center Members get a 10% discount at Woodruff’s Art Supplies in Mashpee. You can also purchase through Michael’s and AC Moore who offer weekly discount coupons.
- 4”, 3” and 1” flat wall painting brushes. Buy the cheapest “Pure Bristle” brushes available on the bottom shelves in the wall painting departments at Home Depot and Lowes. Also available at Walmart.
- 1” wide oil painting brush
- 2” long or similar palette knife
- Tray for mixing paints
- Sharpened pencil
- Small bucket or plastic bowl
- Roll of paper towel
- Old clothing
Feel free to bring a snack!
Coastal artist Joe Gallant is a full-time oil, watercolor and acrylic painter and instructor. His painting technique is loose, spontaneous, and full of interesting color interactions. The light and transparency in his paintings create a glow that is recognizable from across a room.
Gallant conducts his popular Big Brush Painting Workshops and does painting demonstrations for various types of organizations. He is a Certified Grumbacher instructor. He also offers private instruction.
He is represented by Gallery on Jarves in Sandwich, Massachusetts. He also has an in-home studio and gallery in Sandwich that is open by appointment. Gallant’s prints, boxed note cards and boxed Christmas cards are available on his website and at numerous gift shops and other retail stores in New England.
He accepts commissioned work and he has painted favorite scenes, home and business portraits for individuals and corporations.
Please contact Joe at 774-313-0916 or email@example.com with questions.
Samples of Joe’s work can be seen at www.capecodwatercolors.com
|NeonCRM by Neon One|