Big Brush Painting Workshop with Joe Gallant
- $90.00 - Non-Member
- $75.00 - Member
Paint large! Experience the fun, freedom, and spontaneity of using large brushes available at hardware stores and water-mixable oil paints to create landscapes and seascapes. Sandwich artist Joe Gallant will demonstrate and guide students through the steps of creating large seascapes, in oil in this workshop that suitable for beginners, intermediate painters, and past participants in his workshops. A great chance to learn an exciting technique in a flexible and welcoming environment. You will complete your own oil painting during this fun workshop. Joe will provide a reference photo of a coastal scene that will be painted.
Joe has conducted workshops for many years, and you will enjoy his fun and casual approach. If you have ever felt unsure of yourself when you start a painting, here’s your chance to learn an exciting technique that just might change the way you paint forever!
Students provide their own supplies (see list below), including a mask.
This workshop meets in the Owl Hall on the main level of the Education Wing.
- WATER MIXABLE oil paints (Winsor & Newton “Artisan” brand, 37 ml or larger)—One tube each of red, blue, yellow, green and white. Select any shade of each, but not olive green. Available at Michael’s, Amazon, and online art supply websites. Acrylic paints may be substituted but the results will look different.
- One canvas 48×24” or 40×16” preferred. Joe will be using the larger size. You can purchase at Michael’s which often offers weekly discount coupons or online.
- 4”, 3” and 1” flat wall painting brushes. Buy the cheapest “Pure Bristle” brushes available on the bottom shelves in the wall painting departments at Home Depot and Lowes. Also available at Amazon and Walmart.
- 1” or 2” wide flat inexpensive art brush
- 2” long or similar plastic or metal palette knife
- Cookie sheet, pie pan or large art tray for mixing paint
- Sharpened pencil
- Small bucket or plastic bowl
- Roll of paper towels
- Clothing to paint in
Feel free to bring a snack!
WE ARE COMMITTED TO MAKING YOUR CLASS SAFE
The safety of our students, teachers, patrons, volunteers, and staff is our highest priority. A number of adjustments have been put in place to keep everyone safe for in-person classes at the Cultural Center. We are disinfecting public spaces frequently and have installed hand sanitizer stations throughout the building. To ensure the safety of those around you, please wear a mask, practice social distancing, and in other ways follow CDC guidelines while at the Cultural Center. Thank you!
Coastal artist Joe Gallant is a full-time oil, watercolor and acrylic painter and instructor. His painting technique is loose, spontaneous, and full of interesting color interactions. The light and transparency in his paintings create a glow that is recognizable from across a room.
Gallant conducts his popular Big Brush Painting Workshops and does painting demonstrations for various types of organizations. He is a Certified Grumbacher instructor. He also offers private instruction.
He is represented by Gallery on Jarves in Sandwich, Massachusetts. He also has an in-home studio and gallery in Sandwich that is open by appointment. Gallant’s prints, boxed note cards and boxed Christmas cards are available on his website and at numerous gift shops and other retail stores in New England.
He accepts commissioned work and he has painted favorite scenes, home and business portraits for individuals and corporations.
Please contact Joe at 774-313-0916 or email@example.com with questions.
Samples of Joe’s work can be seen at www.capecodwatercolors.com
|NeonCRM by Neon One|